Australians are picking classic styles for their new homes
More and more Australians are picking classic styles, such as Hamptons or French Provincial, for their new custom homes. This allows them to combine modern floorplans with a traditional look that will stand the test of time.
A Hamptons style home translates to Australia very well, capturing the casual elegance of coastal living. Usually defined by muted tones and traditional finishes like marble benchtops, it creates a modern home with a timeless style. For Hamptons style homes most people include the following elements:
- – muted colours like white, pale blues and soft greys
- – timber floors
- – pendant lights
- – marble or stone benchtops
- – wider skirting boards
- – white painted trim
- – shaker style cupboards for kitchens and wet areas
- – gable style roof with balconies and siding exteriors.
French Provincial more your style?
French Provincial style homes are also very popular. This style is a more opulent style than Hamptons, but it shares the traditional, classic finishes. French Provincial designs usually have:
- – wrought iron Juliet balconies on front exterior windows
- – rendered exteriors
- – formal stairs that make a statement
- – more formal interior mouldings like dado rails and wainscoting
- – larger, more ornate skirting boards and cornices
- – kitchens with shaker doors and decorative accoutrements
- – elegant tapware
- – stone countertops with bevelled edges
- – chandeliers and statement lights.
When considering building a traditional style custom home, the choices you make on your finishes will be very important to the look. At Horizon Homes, we have an in-house interior designer that helps all our clients pick fixtures, finishes and colours that will complement their home’s style.
Quality will shine through in a classic designed home, so picking a builder that has the experience and the expertise to design and construct a traditional style home is important.
Horizon Homes helps clients design and build their forever homes. If your style is Hamptons, French Provincial, Modern or somewhere in-between, we design and build a home that is perfect for you and your block.
For more information about our custom designed homes contact us on 02 8882 9111 or visit our display home at 48 Bruhn Circuit, Kellyville in the HomeQuest Display Village. We also have a Design Studio at 412 Lyons Road, Five Dock that is open by appointment.